13 May 2019 / Club News

Bynea 11/5/19

  BYNEA     55      LLANDYBIE    23


Yet another changed team for our last game of the season against Bynea.  Llandybie kept the hosts in their own half for the first quarter of an hour with a couple of good driving line outs with Dan Brooks finding James Tommason and Ethan Walters From a line out Bynea moved the ball across field to score a converted try followed soon after by a breakaway try to lead 12 – 0.  Llandybie made good ground from Rhys Evans and Josh Cranfield. A penalty in midfield was taken quickly by Aled Tommason feeding Evans on the outside. With two defenders to beat he broke the tackles to score a good try converted by Ben Featherstone. Bynea broke away but a good tackle from Evans held the play up but they recycled to score a converted try in the far corner. Bynea yielded a penalty converted by Featherstone, half time 19 – 10 to the hosts.

The second half Featherstone struck another penalty to bring Llandybie within one score. Good carries by Merlyn McClelland ,Jordan Tommason and Keenan Jones kept the visitors going forward and Mike Tench and Jamie Gimblett ‘s tackle count was impressive. Wayne Williams at full back kept the hosts guessing with his forward forays. The hosts had plenty of carriers and moved the ball quickly. Llandybie’s tackling was not up to its usual standard and Bynea scored again. Bynea then scored two quick tries from obvious knock ons but the official did not call them, whistling for an infringement before the ball was put down but then allowed the try. Bynea’ s left winger was a live wire and scored a length of the field try evading four defenders.  Bynea were now well ahead   43 – 13.

Llandybie replaced injured Merlyn McClelland and Keenan Jones with Dai Lloyd and Rhys Cann. A good carry by Cann sucking in three defenders with Alex Wigley getting the ball away quickly to Aled Tommason and Rhys Evans to winger Cranfield to score in the corner. Another penalty to the visitors was put to touch , Cann found Tommason and the ball was spread across field from Matthew Lloyd and Evans for Cranfield to score his second try. The hosts were getting away with going off their feet in the rucks and scored another two tries late on to give them a flattering scoreline. Three of the tries should have been scrubbed off for infringements with Llandybie’s coaches not at all pleased. Bynea deserved the win and Llandybie’s tackling let them down for once. The final score was 55 – 23.

There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos

You must be signed in to add comments